We are playing a private party, but the bar is open : )
HISTORY OF THE HOOT OWL
The building was originally constructed in 1856. At the time, the area was known as the hamlet of DwaarsKill. The building served as the post office, the general store, and according to local lore, at one time functioned as the local brothel. It has been known as the Hoot Owl since the 1940s. We think. It was most recently owned by Alfonse Mercurio, who operated a successful restaurant for many years. The Hoot Owl has been closed to the public since 2013. On May 10th, 2017 we re-opened this community gathering place.